Wednesday, November 02, 2011

This is now OOP McCalls 5764, view B. A very quick and easy project that I modified slightly by adding a lining. The cape itself is camel camelhair from fabricmart, and the lining this fantastic orange Italian china silk, also from fabricmart. I interlined the lining with some cotton flannel I had lying around for extra warmth. I'm glad I did since its been a bit nippy recently in NY (and thats not even counting the freak snowstorm we had last saturday!) I had the buttonholes made at Jonathan Embroidery, as per usual.

Actually, now that I think of it, the tabecloth in the background is technically a sewing project too!

I think this is the first project in forever that I have finished in less than a week, with the possible exception of a TNT pencil skirt. Next up is a fall/early winter coat and then some tweedy jackets, and of course my long overdue wedding dress posts.

11 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Can you believe it snowed? It was toooo freaky! Nice cape and I'm sure it's perfect for this weather.

And yes, I've been patiently waiting to see wedding dress posts...okay not so patiently...*sigh*

Sarah C said...

Love the cape. This is actually a project I have setting on my cutting table waiting for me. I am using this great wool plaid I got from Mood.

Can't wait to see the wedding dress photos!!!

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

Love the cape. I need to work on mine one of these days.

Gail said...

Summer here now but next winter I want a cape...just like yours.

cidell said...

So, to be nosey and probably inappropriate, I'd love to see photos of your sewn wedding dress!

SEWN said...

Did I miss the wedding dress pictures???

Anonymous said...

hye. hello. come visit to my blog

SEWN said...

Miss your posts. Hope all is well and that you are enjoying wedded bliss. Would love to see your wedding dress.

Unknown said...

Are you alive? Are you blogging elsewhere? Miss your work!

Unknown said...

Are you alive? Are you blogging elsewhere? Miss your work!

ركن الامثل said...



شركة تسليك مجارى بابها
شركة تنظيف منازل بابها
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بابها
شركة مكافحة حشرات بابها
شركة تسليك مجارى بخميس مشيط
شركة تنظيف منازل بخميس مشيط
شركة مكافحة حشرات بخميس مشيط
شركة رش مبيدات بخميس مشيط
شركة تنظيف سجاد بخميس مشيط
شركة رش مبيدات بابها